Gyrodata introduces a new addition to the Gyro-Guide GWD™ suite of tools. Capable of surveying from vertical up to 70 degrees of inclination. Developed for durability, reliability and highly accurate azimuth readings while enduring the harsh drilling environment.
A new revolution in guidance adds the rate-gyro sensor to MWD systems in drilling operations.
Key Applications and Advantages
- High inclination kick-offs.
- Accurate and reliable well bore placement while drilling.
- Accurate and real time well bore navigation during high inclination close approaches.
- High inclination well interceptions, for example relief well operations.
- Elimination of gross errors by comparing GWD and MWD survey data.
- Gyro-Guide saves considerable rigtime and provides a safer operation by eliminating the need to use wireline gyros to orient or steer drilling assemblies.
- Unaffected by magnetic interference, Gyro-Guide sensors can run closer to the bit in the MWD string by eliminating the need for nonmagnetic spacing collars.
- Fully integrated guidance system compatible with all major MWD directional companies and BHAs including Rotary Steerable Systems.
- Continuous inclination and tool face from vertical while sliding and full surveys on demand.
- Proven ruggedized proprietary rate-gyro and accelerometer sensor array with a shock isolation system.
- IMT mode option allows for accurate survey operations in areas with excessive BHA movement, such as on floating structures and riser-less operations.
- Fastest surveying times in the industry.
- Provides continuous toolface data from vertical while drilling and full surveys when required.
- Communicates in real-time through the host MWD mud pulse or EM telemetry system.