RGS Continuous (RGS-CT)
Gyrodata's rate-gyroscopic continuous system marks a major advancement in wellbore surveying, expanding the horizon to the world's most challenging drilling projects - while lowering survey costs significantly with time savings.
1.75-2.06" OD Gyrocompass
Design / Operation
The continuous system performs definitive multishot surveys while moving through the well from 0° of inclination, instead of stopping at pre-determined points downhole:
- Surveys in drillpipe, casing tubing or open hole.
- Pumpdown capability to angles in excess of horizontal.
- Speeds up to 300' per minute cut survey time.
- Measuring technique significantly enhances survey precision.
Unique performance modeling procedures at the wellsite assure accurate operations.
In addition to continuous operation, the system performs multiple survey functions at the wellsite for optimum economics:
- Gyrocompass multishot surveying.
- Directional orientation/steering.
- Battery operation.
- Combines with CCL, gamma and other logging tools.
Heat resistance: RGS-CT offers the highest heat capacity of any rate-gyro system available in the industry. While other tools use costly rig time pulling out to cool off prior to completing a survey, Gyrodata stays in the hole and gets the job done.
RGS-CT has been fully proven throughout the world - and gained the highest precision of any small diameter system in tests for major oil companies. Recently, RGS-CT performed a world-record horizontal well survey in Qatar - pumping down through drillpipe to traverse a 14,000 foot lateral section.