GCAAT (Gyro Compassing All-Attitude Tool) combines purpose built sensors, a new mechanization and advanced processing enabling accurate surveying to horizontal and beyond. An additional benefit of the new mechanization is the virtual elimination of the notorious East/West no-go zone. Initially developed for use in the GWD90™ system, the instrument can now be deployed as a drop survey tool.
- The tool can be dropped and pumped down to land in the BHA on any planned trip out of hole.
- Survey data is recorded to memory at each connection.
- BHA sag and Multi-station corrections are applied at the rig site.
- Immediate comparison to previous surveys will detect possible gross errors.
- Reduced uncertainty and increased safety factors as drilling progresses.
- Closer approach to other wells is possible and better positioning in the reservoir results.
- New mechanization eliminates East/West no-go zone.
- Double the accuracy of IFR corrected MWD
- Gross error detection
- No degradation of accuracy in East/West directions
- Each survey is independent resulting in no propagation of errors
- Robust QC
- Definitive survey generated as drilling progresses
- Complete survey/re-survey of entire wellbore on each deployment
- Little or no rig time used to record a highly accurate survey
|Type||Gyro Compassing All-Attitude Tool (GCAAT)|
|Environment||1.875" OD Probe: 150°C/300°F, 22K psi|
|Sensor performance †||±0.05° Inclination, ±0.1° Azimuth, ±0.05° Tool face (1 sigma)|
|Delay Setting||1-255 minutes|
|Survey station interval||15-30 seconds|
|Battery operating time||70 hours|
|Memory storage||30 hours of survey time|
|†||All specifications listed are for guideline purposes. Upon request, the tool performance can be obtained by applying the industry approved Gyrodata performance model to the wellbore profile.|