Gyrodata’s Advanced Logging Combination System is a major breakthrough in wellbore surveying instrumentation, providing operators with cost savings, a highly accurate wellbore delineation and enhanced positioning within the reservoir.
- Logging combinations are now possible in horizontal cased and open holes.
- Deployed using wireline, pipe conveyance or downhole tractors.
- Simultaneous data transmission.
- 22 Hz data sampling.
- Measures exact wireline cable stretch.
- Logging speeds are dependent upon the main logging tool.
- 150 Deg C. rating for unlimited time.
- 250 Deg C. high temperature option.
Design / Operation
A 3 3/8″ OD logging tool housing has been modified to contain a specially designed rate continuous gyro logging system cartridge, which enables simultaneous operation and data transmission with virtually all currently available open and cased hole logging tools.
Advantages / Benefits
- Substantial rig time savings.
- Better well placement within the reservoir.
- Orientation of imaging tools.
- Elimination of depth uncertainty between LWD, Wireline Logs and Gyro Surveys.
- Improved positional accuracy.
- Improved alonghole depth accuracy.
- Very high resolution log provides exact wellbore profiling.
- Orientation of wireline orientated perforating tools.
- Highly accurate definitive true vertical depth versus gamma ray log for the well.
- Identifies wellbore tortuosity, porpoising and micro doglegs.
With over 2600 runs and 26 million feet surveyed worldwide as of January 2016, Geo-Guide ALC can be run with most major logging companies. Below are some examples of the kind of combinations run with the service.
- Middle East, Schlumberger: 7″ liner and 6″ open hole, 9,800′, 30° Inclination Deviated Wireline Log, Geo-Guide ALC (Rate Continuous), Gamma Ray, Spherical Resistivity Tool, Dual Lateral Logging Tool.
- Trinidad, Schlumberger: 9 5/8″ casing, 5,494′, 37° Inclination, Wireline Conveyed, Geo-Guide ALC (Rate Continuous), Gamma Ray, USIT.
- Middle East, Baker Atlas: 9 5/8″ casing and 7″ liner, 12,000′, 92° Inclination, Pipe Conveyed, Geo-Guide ALC (Memory and Rate Continuous), CCL, Gamma Ray, Compensated Neutron, Acoustic Digitizer, Cement Bond Tool.
- U.K. North Sea, Baker Atlas: 7″ liner and 5″ liner, 18,500′, 65° Inclination, Wireline Conveyed, Geo-Guide ALC (Rate Continuous), Gamma Ray, Cement Bond Log.
- Mexico, PEMEX: 7″ liner, 14,072′, 21° Inclination, Wireline Conveyed, Geo-Guide ALC (Rate Continuous), Gamma Ray, Cement Bond Log.