The continuous system performs definitive multishot surveys while moving through the well from 0° of inclination, instead of stopping at pre-determined points downhole:
- Surveys in drillpipe, casing tubing or open hole.
- Pumpdown capability to angles in excess of horizontal.
- Speeds up to 300′ per minute cut survey time.
- Measuring technique significantly enhances survey precision.
In addition to continuous operation, the system performs multiple survey functions at the well site for optimum economics:
- Gyrocompass multishot surveying.
- Directional orientation/steering.
- Battery operation.
- Combines with CCL, gamma and other logging tools.
Unique performance modeling procedures at the well site assure accurate operations.
Heat resistance: RGS-CT offers the highest heat capacity of any rate-gyro system available in the industry. While other tools use costly rig time pulling out to cool off prior to completing a survey, Gyrodata stays in the hole and gets the job done.
RGS-CT has been fully proven throughout the world – and gained the highest precision of any small diameter system in tests for major oil companies. Recently, RGS-CT performed a world-record horizontal well survey in Qatar – pumping down through drill pipe to traverse a 14,000 foot lateral section.
|Sensor Performance||±0.05° Inclination, ±0.1° Azimuth, ±0.05° Tool face (1 sigma)|
|System Performance||SPE WPTS approved models|
|Inclination Range||0-120° with pump down capability|
|Tool Length||10-22ft (3-6.7m) average|
|Max Survey Speed||Up to 300ft/min (92m/min) depending on well conditions|
|Tool Weight||66-275lbs (30-125 Kg.)|